Matthew 25:40

The thoughts of Microdac on YouTube:


Thoughts of Microdac: Throughout our history, there has always been men and women of profound wisdom. It is logical to presume that prior to the written language, around 4000 BC, history and ethics were passed down orally; the telling of tales. After 3000 BC “books” then became prolific. The educated, in many cases, did not want the illiterate to gain knowledge so, in many cultures, knowledge was restricted to the priests – those who control the mind and body of mankind. They still do. Just about every culture on earth were sharing their history and ethics and in many cases information was considered “secrets”. Of course, knowledge is one thing, but gleaning wisdom for what you learn is quite another. Then some 2500 years after writing was invented, along came the Egyptians. They built one of the largest libraries of the time. The library at Alexandria Egypt contained some 200,000 to 700,000 books. These books were collected from all over the world. Scribes were then allowed to come into the library and make ‘copies’ of the books of interests and these scrolls were then taken back to their individual libraries all over the known world. The library in Alexandria was destroy some 300 years before Jesus was born, but, not to worry, many of the books were copied. I mentioned this long preface because it is important to understand that Jesus was an enlightened soul, one of many, because of the knowledge he had gleaned from the ancient scrolls. Jesus was also very aware of the dangers of sharing knowledge with stupid people. That is true even today. So, Jesus spoke in parables; sharing the knowledge he had gained with men and women who could understand what he was saying. Jesus would not throw his “pearls” of wisdom before “swines”, but only to those who had ears to hear and eyes to see. Personally, I rate Jesus right up there with the very best of the enlightened souls. OK, My point: One of the many cryptic and profound insights of Jesus can be found in Matthew 25:40. It is, without a doubt, one of the top ten insights if you are to understand the people you encounter. As for me, I try not to judge people, but I do take advantage of what they share as their “blind” self. I listen carefully and I observe. How they approach animals, children and the least of all sentient beings is a good indicator of their sense of morality. Whether you are talking about killing flies, bees, and so-called destructive insects or how they talk about such animals as dogs and cats. Ask any psychologist, I presume, will tell you that you should always take note as to how how casual your children are in killing anything. The leap from killing animals to killing people is not that big a leap. The leap from the cruelty towards animals to the cruelty of children is not that big a leap. When it comes to children, I don’t rationalize cruelty by using politics; my question, regardless of the origin of the child, is simply this: Would I treat my child that way? The cruelty that I willingly endorsed for a foreign child, would I do so for my own child? Of course, I could be wrong about all this because I am simply writing from my own code of ethics. You must think for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMMIGRANTS come to America because America is FREE